Highlight text if you cannot read what I had posted. Go figure out or do trial and error to find out how I do this. Kthxbai.

2/2/11

Dur................................... homework?

Grraahhh, homework... another compo now about Life... as an inanimate object or an animal... no dragons... :(

So... what should I take: Stingray, a random but nice snake, bearded dragon or... IDK.


Hmm... maybe... a dragon (I mean, REAL LIFE LIZARDS)... okay, let's get a Komodo Dragon, since I just read up about that giant lizard.

So, to taste, to see, to hear, to smell and to... feel... wait, never mind. Dragons don't really have a good sense of smell anyway. Oh well... completely off topic, but meh.

---

That day was warm and beautiful, I could hear birds tweeting loudly nearby and small-sized mammals scrambling away from one another as I slouched on a large piece of rotting log, basking under the sun while digesting my meal. While I was admiring the nature around me, I was also trying to “taste” for any human beings nearby.
Well, why did I want to know if any of them were nearby? Because, even though they looked nothing more than just giant hairless apes to me, many animals feared them because of their cruelty towards us. They were very intelligent but then they did not seem to use their intelligence to do anything good to us other than “turning us inside out” or forcing their animals to work for them non-stop. Sometimes when I walked pass any of their wooden houses, I could see dead dragons being hung and snakes with severed heads, sometimes even young mammals with missing limbs being tied up and tortured. Worst of all, being trapped by them and trying to escape from their clutches would turn your life into hell, or worse. It was no wonder why many animals seemed to fear them a lot, a lot more than my species.
Now, while I was sniffing out for human beings, I heard something suspicious, something like human footsteps. I craned my neck and scanned my surrounding for any familiar looking figure, but to no avail. Out of blues, I heard a loud bang behind me, followed by a painful cry of another animal. I turned and saw a dying avian, struggling to stand and escape from what I believed was a human with strange metallic weapon, which what other animals called it a gun.
“The human had arrived!” I thought to myself and scrambled into the dense forest frantically, hoping that that person would not catch me for their cruel game. Fortunately to me, there were many cave-like shelters under the trees and stones in the forest which were big enough for me to hide but too small for that person to get in to catch me. As soon as I found one of these shelters, I slid into it as quietly and as fast as I could to avoid being detected by him.
As minutes passed by, the heavy footstep and loud breathing seemed to grow louder and louder. Fear was gripping my heart while curiosity was clouding my mind. That person inched closer as I tried my best to hide myself from his view.
“Oh man! I totally missed that giant lizard!” I heard him hissing that out with frustration, LOUD AND CLEAR. As he continued to look around for me, I continued to force myself to keep still.
Soon, he had given up looking for me and probably another dragon and wandered away. I slowly craned my neck and stared at him leaving the dense forest through the holes of my hiding spot. Feeling relieved, I crawled out of my hiding spot carefully to avoid any unwanted attention before I finally dash away, deeper into the forest. 


Now... if you guys do read anything about Komodo Dragons, you probably will know that adults don't really climb trees due to their massive size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please DO NOT SPAM in my blog. Thanks. (any spam messages found in my comment thing will be deleted)